Tensuke Market has a great variety of fresh Japanese fruits and vegetables. Our selection includes:
• Daikon (Japanese Radish)
• Tokyo Negi (Japanese Onion)
• Gobo (Burdock Root)
• Satoimo (Taro)
• Satsumaimo (Japanese Sweet Potato)
• Kabocha (Japanese Pumpkin)
• Kyuri (Japanese Cucumber)
• Nasu (Japanese Egg Plant)
• Shitake Mushrooms
• Shimeji Mushrooms
• Enoki Mushrooms
• Asian Fruits and more !
At Tensuke, we package our vegetables in convenient, easy-to-use sizes. We make every effort to carefully maintain the freshness of the vegetables.
Please try our fresh and delicious vegetables today!!
Tofu, increasingly popular in America, is made from soybeans and rich in high-quality protein.
It is a good source of B-vitamins and iron.
There are three main types of tofu - FIRM, SOFT, and SILKEN.
• FIRM tofu is dense and solid and holds up well in stir fry dishes, soups, or on the grill... anywhere that you want the tofu to maintain its shape. Firm tofu also is higher in protein, fat and calcium than other forms of tofu.
• SOFT tofu is a good choice for recipes that call for blended tofu, or in Oriental soups.
• SILKEN tofu is made by a slightly different process that results in a creamy, custard-like product. Silken tofu works well in pureed or blended dishes. In Japan, silken tofu is enjoyed "as is," with a touch of soy sauce and topped with chopped scallions.
KONNYAKU is a traditional Japanese jelly-like health food made from a kind of potato called "Konnyaku potato". It is non-fat, rich in dietary fiber, and low in calories. It is an ideal food for weight control since Konnyaku expands in the digestive system and gives the feeling that the stomach is full. At the same time, Konnyaku cleans toxins in the intestines.
You’ll enjoy trying this healthy addition to your diet.